Options

Bsci-passed

arsalan921arsalan921 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

passed bsci today in first attempt ( this was my first cisco exam, not ccna certified yet )... 950 score..

material used.

authorized self-study guide. studied for 2 and a half month...

did all labs of lab portfolio... 2 times

questions/answers and mcqs of Official certification guide by brent stewart.

thats it...

it was a difficult exam. covers lot of material...

next going for ONT.
then ISCW
AND then BCMSN.

ONT i have heard is easiest among all. and bsci is most difficult...

so hope ont would be done in a month...

reason for doing ont and iscw first is that their last date is 31st july... bcmsn or switch ( 642-902 ) is not much difference. it can be done.

i still hope that i will be able to finish my ccnp track by end of june...

would appreciate some suggestions from you guys... that whether i am going in right direction ? or should i do switching first ?

Comments

• Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Well done man, you must have put plenty of hours in.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    arsalan921 wrote: »
    Hello all,

passed bsci today in first attempt ( this was my first cisco exam, not ccna certified yet )... 950 score..

How can you take the BSCi with out a valid CCNA?

Valid CCNA certification or any CCIE Certification can act as a pre-requisite..
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    How can you take the BSCi with out a valid CCNA?

Valid CCNA certification or any CCIE Certification can act as a pre-requisite..

You can take the exam, you just can't get the CCNP without a valid CCNA.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can take the exam, you just can't get the CCNP without a valid CCNA.

I should have though of that, I might have gone that path.. However what happens when it comes to re-certification?

say you achieve all your CCNP exams, then wait 2.5 years and take your CCNA.

In theory you have only just become a CCNP, but when do you need to recertify?

And sorry to high jack your thread Arsalan, Well done on the pass.. icon_cheers.gif:)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.