Options

easiest ccie cert

acidsatyracidsatyr Member Posts: 111
Okay, i know this is dumb, but,
given R&S, SP, and SEC, which one would you consider (from experience / rumour) easiest and which one hardest?

For example, i've heard that Sec is somewhat easier that SP and SP is hardest of them all currently. Would you agree with that or no and why not.

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think it's all relative to how much experience you have in that area. I have limited experience with voice so I imagine that'd be a very hard track for me in several ways. I have R&S experience so I've seen some of the topics in a production environment before.
  • Options
    EMcCalebEMcCaleb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    acidsatyr wrote: »
    given R&S, SP, and SEC, which one would you consider (from experience / rumour) easiest and which one hardest?

For example, i've heard that Sec is somewhat easier that SP and SP is hardest of them all currently. Would you agree with that or no and why not.

I agree with Mrock4.

But if I must answer I would have to say CCIE Storage is the worse. It's just so difficult to piece together the equipment and rack rental is ungodly expensive.

The payoff of being a SAN expert is so large that if the equipment was even remotely affordable we would all be fighting for lab dates.
  • Options
    acidsatyracidsatyr Member Posts: 111
    EMcCaleb wrote: »
    I agree with Mrock4.

But if I must answer I would have to say CCIE Storage is the worse. It's just so difficult to piece together the equipment and rack rental is ungodly expensive.

The payoff of being a SAN expert is so large that if the equipment was even remotely affordable we would all be fighting for lab dates.

Really? Are SAN experts in demand? (Forgive my ignorance).
    What about Voice?
    I agree with both of you, it depends from your experience; but, assuming some "general" networking knowledge without bias toward objectives from any of the CCIE tracks...
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I would say focus on the one you enjoy because if you don't truly enjoy it, you likely won't stand a chance at obtaining a CCIE in that track anyway. However, if you are like me and enjoy learning several different tracks then just focus on the one you have the most exposure to and experience with.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Really? Are SAN experts in demand? (Forgive my ignorance).
    What about Voice?
    I agree with both of you, it depends from your experience; but, assuming some "general" networking knowledge without bias toward objectives from any of the CCIE tracks...

Theres plenty of work for the SAN people to be sure and while CCIE storage is far from the complete picture in the SAN area, I think folks already doing that sort of work would find it of value.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162

There really is no harder track. Whatever area you have more experience in would of course be easier. I have very little experience in Voice and no experience in Storage so these would be hardest for me whereas R&S is the easiest for me followed by SP because of its R&S foundation and then Sec.
    Find out which track you will be more interested in and that you will enjoy the most and go for it. This would then be considered the "easiest" track as far as you are concerned.
  • Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    None of them are the easiest if one has only general networking knowledge they will (should) all seem like mountains. The advice in the thread is spot on do the one with the most experience or the one you like the most. If no experience well then I say good luck.

If you want to hear about our musings on the topic then I think R&S used to be by far the easiest mostly due to the wonderful vendor study products. Cisco has apparently corrected that with the new exam as no one seems to be passing. SP is not the worst lab (I have taken it) but the OEQ's are strange right now to put it nicely. As mentioned here SAN is hard to get your hands on equipment but there is the least reading of Cisco docs as the lab is limited in scope and using old code. So in my own scientifically useless analysis I say CCIE storage is the easiest.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They're all hard as #@#$.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/