Options

MS Second Shot Gotcha!

Don't do as I did!

I have been combining the 15% discount codes that are printed with the MS Press Self-Study guides with the Second Shot voucher codes. The prometric site lets you do that.

Now, for the first time, I have had to actually use the second shot - it doesn't work. Reading the small print it seems you can't use it with any other offer. Grrrr.....

Crappy prometric site should tell you/prevent you from doing such a thing.

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Im not sure how you got the promo codes to stack on prometric.com becauise i've never been able to do that.
  • Options
    Norrlands TurkNorrlands Turk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everything about this Second Shot offer is so vague.

I just registered by using a voucher code I bought and there is no another space in the registration screen to enter the code you get from Microsoft/Prometric when you register for second shot.

How are they gonna know that the voucher code I used is good for the second shot?! icon_rolleyes.gif
    WIP (Q2 - 2012):
    Undecided
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'll try to clarify for everyone:

The Second Shot deal is in the form of a voucher code. 10-20% MCT or MS Press discounts are voucher codes. Purchased exam vouchers are - you guessed it - voucher codes.

You can use one voucher code per exam. The last one you enter into Prometric's system replaces any previously entered voucher. This is the same as it's always been and I agree they do a better job of communicating it to the masses.
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Save yourself about 8% and you'll be able to use the second shot- buy your Microsoft Voucher from www.getcertify4less.com. Their vouchers have the second shot built in. No second guessing, no hassle.

I do not work for the company. Just a happy customer.