Windows 7 Deployment learning portal

Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
This may of be of some help for those going for Windows 7 exams.

Windows 7 | Learn How to Deploy, Training, Assessment | TechNet

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    This may of be of some help for those going for Windows 7 exams.

Windows 7 | Learn How to Deploy, Training, Assessment | TechNet
    Nice find, here are some more details:
    Windows 7 - Deployment Learning Portal Pilot - Born To Learn

Anybody doing 70-680 in the near future needs to do this immediately. The first 150 people to do the quizzes get a voucher for the 70-680 Self-Paced book for the cost of shipping, and the first 500 get a Prometric voucher for the 70-680 exam!
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    680 is my next step after 643 next week... Just did the deployment technologies component... and while had no issues with any WDS component which is a 643 topic, the 7 stuff covers any type of deployment intergration with SCCM, ZTI and LTI... So infact it is more in depth than 643 which is only based around WDS alone!

Will certainly be using this as a massive resource I think!
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Thanks for the link! I've been studying for 70-680 exam for a few weeks and I'm happy to report that I just finished the course and received both early bird specials!

Be warned, the voucher for the 70-680 study guide applies only ComputerManuals.co.uk. To make things more interesting, it's currently out of stock and shipping will cost you about $14 if you live in the States (not that bad). I'll be sure to redeem whenever possible though.

At least the voucher code for the exam should work. The only thing that looks questionable is that I don't see an expiration date, hmm...
    Usus magister est optimus
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think the code is going to work. I just completed the tests and got the code and it said that the offer was not valid for this country.
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    xmalachi wrote: »
    I don't think the code is going to work. I just completed the tests and got the code and it said that the offer was not valid for this country.

Dang it! Well, I guess it helps to read the Terms and Conditions beforehand:
    This promotion is open to any person resident in the UK who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.

Curse you, fine print! But at least that resource will come in handy come test time.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah icon_sad.gif I thought I was getting a free exam. Oh well though.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks Hyper-Me,

I will definitely be taking advantage of this next month! I am looking forward to digging into certifications other than CompTIA.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I put a link for this deployment learning portal over in the WGU Client/Server Community. People there have been complaining about how the MS Press book does a poor job in this area.
    I'm using it too since the Vista test was so thin on deployment (compared to Windows 7)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    When the heck do I get access to the WGU communities?

It says "you are not authorized to view this section" and when i try to sign up it says "registration is disabled"
    When the heck do I get access to the WGU communities?

It says "you are not authorized to view this section" and when i try to sign up it says "registration is disabled"

Have your classes started yet? It's usually within the first week...
    It's usually during EWB. Part of the class is going to the communities.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Ah. Don't start EWB until April 1.

I'd like to go ahead and get started. :-/
    Ah. Don't start EWB until April 1.

I'd like to go ahead and get started. :-/

I hear ya, I finished it in two days... icon_wink.gif I can't wait till I finish this A+, and get started on Windows 7, and maybe Project+. I haven't decided yet.
    Do you get to kinda of pick and choose when you begin certain classes? I'd like to mix in some of my remaining certs in with the gened stuff so I dont drive off a cliff after a month.
    Do you get to kinda of pick and choose when you begin certain classes? I'd like to mix in some of my remaining certs in with the gened stuff so I dont drive off a cliff after a month.

Absolutely, and if you are really lucky you get one like I have that doesn't care as long as you are moving a long at a good pace...
    Kind of depends on how your mentor is. Most are pretty agreeable with what you choose.
    I hear ya, I finished it in two days... icon_wink.gif I can't wait till I finish this A+, and get started on Windows 7, and maybe Project+. I haven't decided yet.
    There was a course I took before Proj+ called Leadership and Professionalism which actually made Proj+ easier. Knocked off both in 6 weeks combined ( was taking other stuff at time,too)
    earweed wrote: »
    There was a course I took before Proj+ called Leadership and Professionalism which actually made Proj+ easier. Knocked off both in 6 weeks combined ( was taking other stuff at time,too)

Thanks for the suggestion...
  • Alexandria BallAlexandria Ball Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    apena7 wrote: »
    Dang it! Well, I guess it helps to read the Terms and Conditions beforehand:

Curse you, fine print! But at least that resource will come in handy come test time.

Hiya,

At the moment the offer is restricted to the UK, but if the learning portal proves popular then we cna roll this out to more countries with similar offers.

Let me know what you think!

@alex_ball
    Microsoft Technical marketing
    UK
    Hiya,

At the moment the offer is restricted to the UK, but if the learning portal proves popular then we cna roll this out to more countries with similar offers.

Let me know what you think!

@alex_ball
    Microsoft Technical marketing
    UK
    I think it's a great idea