Options

Computer Engineering Co-Op

jeremy8529jeremy8529 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Computer Engineering Co-Op
I will be starting classes next fall at UT Knoxville for computer engineering. I will be able to start C++ my first semester since I have already taken English Comp I and II at my high school. Right now I have no certifications, but I do have a strong Network+ Security+ base knowledge and some CCNA know how. I am looking to start Co-Op work the summer after the end of my freshman year. Right now, I am about to start learning C/C++ on my own time so that I will have an edge over the rest of my classmates.

Would anyone here really have any suggestions about getting a killer co-op, or how to sell yourself in an interview as an investment that will grow? I am willing to co-op anywhere in the country that will be worth the cost of travel to me, and I am not picky about which company takes me as long as I am in R&D because I am wanting to explore my career possibilities. However, I'd love to Co-Op with the NSA, Google, Cisco, or MS because I have heard great things about their work environments!