Options

Worried About Finding a Job

cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
I'm going to be taking the Network+ exam on Thursday, and I'm all but 100% sure that I'm going to pass. That will mean that I have A+ and Network+ certifications, which I suppose is a good start. My problem is that I'm only 19 and I have no on the job experience. I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to find a job as I have nothing to put on my resume. I seem to be stuck with the nice Catch-22 that you can't get a job unless you have experience but can't get experience without getting a job first. I know all the material from both tests, plus the experience I've gained from 17 years of computer use and maintenance. Can someone please give me some advice on how to go about getting a job in the field? I don't want to get a job at CompUSA or Best Buy, because I know I will not get any experience in network administration. Please help.

Thanks a bunch,
Cheeblie
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Maybe I shouldn't have added a poll. I wanted someone to respond to my questions, not just take the poll. Hehe. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I was also only 19 when I started and the most obvious way for those with or without certification but without experience is simply to take every job you can get, even if it feels it's way below your capabilities. Filling a resume is what we called it.
  • Options
    JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yo!
    well I don't have a computer Job, that's y im takein A+, and also my Brother hasn't have his A+ or networking or any other exams, in fact he is just plan smart @ computers. What I think about this whole thing is that u don't need A+ or networkin, and I just think that it looks good on the resume. And it does help getting better Jobs in the long run, but again it depends on what u r I guess
    Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    your certification may open doors, but it won't get you a high-flying position straightaway.

try some of the shops in your area and see if they would let you work in the evenings or weekends, or see if there are any charities that may need i.t. volunteers. if you cannot get a 9 - 5 job straightaway, these would be options to consider to give you worthwhile experience that would look good on your resume ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    AlexxZetaAlexxZeta Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is not very hard to find work in IT, for me.
    I'm 23, 8years of experiences in IT and 4 years in Network with Cisco Router and switches..In my network there are over 5000 Clients and 150 Servers..
    I receive request every month for new works..In italy is simply, che CISCO SYSTEMS certification is very very useful to find work, i guarantee!
    AlexxZeta
  • Options
    AlexxZetaAlexxZeta Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cheeblie wrote:
    I'm going to be taking the Network+ exam on Thursday, and I'm all but 100% sure that I'm going to pass. That will mean that I have A+ and Network+ certifications, which I suppose is a good start. My problem is that I'm only 19 and I have no on the job experience. I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to find a job as I have nothing to put on my resume. I seem to be stuck with the nice Catch-22 that you can't get a job unless you have experience but can't get experience without getting a job first. I know all the material from both tests, plus the experience I've gained from 17 years of computer use and maintenance. Can someone please give me some advice on how to go about getting a job in the field? I don't want to get a job at CompUSA or Best Buy, because I know I will not get any experience in network administration. Please help.

Thanks a bunch,
    Cheeblie

I don't know how function the job research for OUTSIDE ITALY, but HERE, in italy, if you don't have any Job experiences, is possible to work with very low income, for 2 years.
    Over 2 years of work, your income INCREASE to 40%....

It's hard to accept, but in first occupation we must work for very little income.. icon_sad.gif
    however with your many certification, is possible to find job very easy :)) I think this..

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
    AlexxZeta