Options

Quick 70-297 question

SargeySargey Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are there any simulations in this exam?

Comments

• Options
    KejanardKejanard Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nope.. Just simlet. You are given case studies, from the case studies you will be given question.
    Kejanard
    www.kejanard.net

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." -Aristotle
  • Options
    SargeySargey Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cool. Thanks. icon_thumright.gif

I'll tackle this one next then, then 70-293 and 70-294.

MCSE here we come! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    You really should do 293 and 294 before you attempt 297. 297 assumes you have passed all the prior required exams and will pull question material from all of them.

It will also include questions whose answers and concepts aren't documented well - if at all. How much do you know about migrating from NT to 2003? Hopefully a lot because there is only one page on it on the 297 MS training kit. This is a bad exam on a lot of levels and most people recommend that you go the 298 security design route.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    You really should do 293 and 294 before you attempt 297. 297 assumes you have passed all the prior required exams and will pull question material from all of them.

It will also include questions whose answers and concepts aren't documented well - if at all. How much do you know about migrating from NT to 2003? Hopefully a lot because there is only one page on it on the 297 MS training kit. This is a bad exam on a lot of levels and most people recommend that you go the 298 security design route.

I'd say complete 294 before 297, at minimum.

I'll also second the idea that taking 298 instead of 297 should really be considered. I had to take 297 for WGU, otherwise, I would have gone with 298 (I may still take 298 to finish my MCSE:Security).
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    70-297 is the only test I have yet failed. But, if you want to move to MCM... you have to have it. Wether or not you have an MCSE. It also has I think, not just the weirdest structure, but also questions which I THINK are asking for some old ways to do things. Oh, and the darn thing has a time limit that seriously means something.

Good luck on it though! I know I need to get back in there and retake it.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ashenwelt wrote: »
    70-297 is the only test I have yet failed. But, if you want to move to MCM... you have to have it. Wether or not you have an MCSE. It also has I think, not just the weirdest structure, but also questions which I THINK are asking for some old ways to do things. Oh, and the darn thing has a time limit that seriously means something.

Good luck on it though! I know I need to get back in there and retake it.

Interesting...I never bothered to look into the MCM program enough to notice that 70-297 is required for the MCM: Directory. I don't feel so bad for having taken it instead of 70-298...although I doubt I'll ever go for the MCM.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    williamsmithwilliamsmith Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I think You really should do 293 and 294 before you attempt 297. 297 assumes you have passed all the prior required exams and will pull question material from all of them.