Options

Freelance tech assessment authors needed - Various assignments available

kenz_yapkenz_yap Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks in advance for taking interest in this job-posting - I'm working for a HR management company - Quantine - Competency Assessment | Aptitude Assessment | Personality Assessment | Candidate and Employee Assessment Solutions - our core business is in the provision of tech assessments that are used for candidate evaluation.

We have a couple of assignments that are pending the participation of credible authors with extensive experience in the field/subject, as well as experience in conducting training/ writing course materials for the field/subject.

The following are the subjects that we are currently targeting - the content will be at a foundation/core level of assessment:

1. Java -core
2. CCNA
3. Unix shell scripting
4. PL/SQL
5. C
6. PHP
7. CISSP

Requirements:
1. Extensive field experience in subject domain
2. Relevant certifications
3. Possesses a good command in English
4. Training experience/course authors will be a plus

Do drop me a message if you are interested in taking up any of these assignments and i could provide you with more information.

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to your replies..

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Kenneth, welcome to TechExams.

You will find here a community of people focused on IT certifications and IT careers, and committed to protecting the value of industry certifications.

To all TE members: Kenneth joined today and posted this ad for assessment authors based on my recommendation to him that he could find some strong people here to assist him. I have the utmost respect for the membership here, and I truly believe that he will find what he seeks. I also want to let all of you know that I am familiar with Kenneth and have done a small bit of work for his company. I have no problem vouching for his reputation and the sincerity of his request.

MS
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks for the clarification eMeS, I was dancing on the fence about this post.

Kenneth, welcome to the forums and I hope you're able to find some people to assist you with your target areas as SMEs; unfortunately I'm not one of them (my skills lie elsewhere). ;)

Andrew
  • Options
    Hi Astorrs,
    Thanks for the welcome note:)

I sure hope some great authors will emerge from this forum.
    It's been quite a tough journey trying to seek out relevant and highly credible authors.

We are targeting mainly ICT assessments - so if you have something you might like to contribute based on your skill sets do let me know:)
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey man,

MS is a great guy so for him to vouch for you says something. Can you give me some more information about the scope of what you're asking? Do you have any examples of resources you are currently using that would serve as a rough template for what you expect?

Thank you,

Paul B.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    Hey man,

MS is a great guy so for him to vouch for you says something. Can you give me some more information about the scope of what you're asking? Do you have any examples of resources you are currently using that would serve as a rough template for what you expect?

Thank you,

Paul B.

Hi Paul,

I've no doubt that MS is a really great guy, working with him was a breeze and i really appreciated his contribution to our assessment pool.

Except for Java, the rest has no framework or outline established, my goal is therefore to seek out Subject Matter Experts(SMEs) that could assist me with creating frameworks and content.

Currently i'm focusing all resources to establish key assessments for the information security domain - specifically, all assessments are centered around competencies that may be required for a junior level security engineer.

The core objective of the assessments is to do the following:
    1. replace the role of hiring managers that are needed to ask key technical interview questions during interviews

2. provide a standardized, objective and quantitative method of assessing candidates

3. We also try to keep assessment content to be less academic and more functional. Meaning to say - we don't want to just test stuff that's in a standard course outline, we want stuff that's a little "real-world" as well. These could be questions/problem scenarios that differentiate an experienced guy from a rookie.

4. When creating assessments i often ask authors to slip back on their hiring manager shoes and ask themselves: If i was a hiring manager and i was shown this assessment set that could help me filter out my candidates - are these questions good enough for me? does it tell me what i need to know about this candidate's knowledge competencies? Will I buy it and trust it to do the job?

Hope this paints a better picture of what we're trying to establish