Options

Net/Sys/DB Admin job prospects 2010-2018

xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
Computer Network, Systems, and Database Administrators

Just thought I'd share this. It brightened my morning and might do so for others as well. icon_wink.gif

I'm in a teaching position currently, and have been debating whether to stay for 1 more year while I work on my certs and get some debt paid off. (I'm working 2 jobs right now and will probably have to take a pay cut to move back into the "real" IT world). But from the sound of it, IT jobs aren't going anywhere. Times are tough at the moment, but things will pick up eventually. When they do, I'll be poised and ready!
CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V

Comments

• Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Nice! icon_cheers.gif

Good to see statistics from something other than a sponsored Yahoo/Monster/MSN/ article about "Top CS schools say you can make six figures with a Top CS degree! And without it, you will make beans!!".
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    ck86ck86 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Refreshing to see.

Glad to see it mention an MBA also as a good thing to have. Pretty much reinforces my plans.

"For network architect and database administrator positions, a bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field generally is required, although some employers prefer applicants with a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) with a concentration in information systems."
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    kasel23 wrote: »
    Refreshing to see.

Glad to see it mention an MBA also as a good thing to have. Pretty much reinforces my plans.

"For network architect and database administrator positions, a bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field generally is required, although some employers prefer applicants with a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) with a concentration in information systems."

Possibly although the categories can become blurred at the fringes. Theres certainly plenty of work for Network Architects as they are busy getting companies to where they want to get to during the downturn. Dynamic environment pushing and pulling things around the globe to afford cost savings.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks! I have been meaning to check the government web site on employment outlook for the next two years.

Oh, and yes it did brighten my day!