Revision query

APEXAPEX Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

A bit of a fundamental question really - sorry icon_redface.gif

With regards to revising what works best for you folks? There are probably some folks here who can read something once and it stays imprinted in the mind. Unfortunately my brain is not wired that way.

What Im asking is, when you're studying through for example - Mike Meyers All In One Fourth Edition, are you making your own notes along the way before the end of chapter test(s)?

Any hints and tips would be really helpfulicon_thumright.gif

Comments

• MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    I would say whatever method works to help the information stick. Whether that's writing out notes or trying the end of chapter questions first. If you get any wrong going back and re-reading the section. Or possibly a combination of the two. For the exam: I simply read through the book twice. On the day of the exam, I did a final review of command switches for the various utilities. I took the exam many years ago and already had years of networking experience. Everyone is different in their learning/study habits, whatever works best for you really :)

This isn't related to Net+ but I've been reading through the "TCP/IP Guide" reference book to re-fresh my knowledge. Certain areas such as: binary, decimal,hex conversion as well as sub-netting and VLSM. I made the point of doing everything manual by hand and in my head. Rather then resorting to calculators etc. I find doing that sort of thing by hand really helps. Plus you might not always have access to the easy automated tools.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • APEXAPEX Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MosGuy wrote: »
    I would say whatever method works to help the information stick. Whether that's writing out notes or trying the end of chapter questions first. If you get any wrong going back and re-reading the section. Or possibly a combination of the two. For the exam: I simply read through the book twice. On the day of the exam, I did a final review of command switches for the various utilities. I took the exam many years ago and already had years of networking experience. Everyone is different in their learning/study habits, whatever works best for you really :)

This isn't related to Net+ but I've been reading through the "TCP/IP Guide" reference book to re-fresh my knowledge. Certain areas such as: binary, decimal,hex conversion as well as sub-netting and VLSM. I made the point of doing everything manual by hand and in my head. Rather then resorting to calculators etc. I find doing that sort of thing by hand really helps. Plus you might not always have access to the easy automated tools.

Cheers for that Mos!

Think Ill start making notes to improve my score on the tests. I prefer doing things manually as well, especially stuff like subnetting. Working things out manually normally helps with hard coding stuff into the brain.

Cheers for the advice mateicon_thumright.gif