Going for MCITP EA

Hi guys. It's been a while since i've been on here since passing my MCSE 2003. Hows things?

I'm getting my backside back into gear to get some 2008 certifications and was just wondering if someone could answer this question to hopefully save me having to take an extra exam...

Towards the end of my MCSE 2003, MS began to offer the option of taking 70-620 as an elective which finished off my MCSE nicely as it was a relatively easy exam. Now am I right in saying that I now only need to take 70-647 and 70-649 to get my MCITP EA, or does that exam now only count for my 2003 course and not part of the 3 exams to get the EA 2008?

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mr2nut wrote: »
    Now am I right in saying that I now only need to take 70-647 and 70-649 to get my MCITP EA, or does that exam now only count for my 2003 course and not part of the 3 exams to get the EA 2008?
    Yes you only need to complete those two exams to upgrade to the MCITP:EA. You can use exams on any track they qualify for, there is no limit on the number of times a particular exam can count towards certifications.
  • mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    astorrs wrote: »
    Yes you only need to complete those two exams to upgrade to the MCITP:EA. You can use exams on any track they qualify for, there is no limit on the number of times a particular exam can count towards certifications.

Cheers for clearly that up. Time to crack on! icon_smile.gif