Options

certification maintenance

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
Can someone give me a link to the maintenance requirments for this cert? I know there is a certain amount of points needed and have found a list of what the activites are and how many points, but I don't know how many points you need and in what time frame to maintain this certification.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    this is what I was looking at dynamik, but I don't see where it says how many points you have to achieve per year to maintain the cert.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you click on the home button, you can log in and manage your information. I believe it's 120 every three years with a minimum of 20 per year.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    EC-Council | EC-Council Continuing Education Credits (ECE)

Members with certifications included under the ECE scheme will have to achieve a total of 120 credits per member (not per certification) within a period of three years. They will have to clock in at least 20 credits per year.

I would plan on doing at least 40 credits per year.
  • Options
    @JDmurray, as you know I recently passed CISSP and am applying for endorsment, how hard do you think it would be to earn CPE's that would qualify for both programs? Meaning a situation where I only had to earn 120 CPE's per 3 years to maintain both certs.

This will be a big factor in decieding whether I pursue this cert or not, as my list of certs grow the maintenance I am going to have to do for them is getting alot bigger. I think CCNA and CEH may be the last two I add.

P.s. any idea why my comment was removed from the bottom of your DoD 8570 article?
  • Options
    slinuxuzer wrote: »
    @JDmurray, as you know I recently passed CISSP and am applying for endorsment, how hard do you think it would be to earn CPE's that would qualify for both programs? Meaning a situation where I only had to earn 120 CPE's per 3 years to maintain both certs.
    You'll typically get one credit per hours of attendance of a security conference or professional InfoSec group meeting. Attending non-security classes, such as programming or project management, might also be awarded credits to a limited degree. Even things like magazine subscriptions can count. If you work as an InfoSec professional, it's usually not difficult to rack up the credits just by your interaction with the InfoSec community.

You can use the same events as credits for multiple certification vendors. For example, if you attend a security conference and get 8 CPEs from the (ISC)2, that same attendance can be used to get continuing education credits for other vendors (e.g., SANS, EC-Council, CompTIA) that accept the event as well. However, some vendors ((ISC)2) require separate credits be earned for each of their certs, while other vendors require only a single set of credits for all of their certs you might have (EC-Council).
    P.s. any idea why my comment was removed from the bottom of your DoD 8570 article?
    The only blog comments that appear are approved by me, and the unapproved ones are all spam. To my knowledge, no comments previously approved have been removed.
  • Options
    Ah, I discovered the answer. Your blog comment never "disappeared." It was waiting in the queue to be approved. Because of spam, blog comments must be reviewed by an admin before they are displayed. Webmaster found your comment and blessed it. ;)