Options

Got a new job!

bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
So I got a new job here in Research Triangle Park, NC. It's a help desk type position and it pays very very well. This will put me on the right track to actually get somewhere and hopefully become a network engineer in the long run.

Right now I'm at the end of the road where I work unless I wanted to go into management and I really don't want to do that. So why not start over? I'm pretty excited.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the job.
    Keep working on the certs and gaining more knowledge and you'll be moving up.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks! I plan on finishing up my CCNA soon. From what I've seen it's a great company to work for and will have a lot of opportunities.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! I miss Cary. I've been thinking of moving back to the area, but I like my job here in SC. Maybe one day.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I love Cary and we're looking to move up to RTP. We're still in the apartment living stage at the moment.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    bcall64 wrote: »
    I love Cary and we're looking to move up to RTP. We're still in the apartment living stage at the moment.

I'd stay in Cary or Raleigh and away from Durham. Never really heard or seen anything good in that area.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats on the job ;)
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    talent.workgrouptalent.workgroup Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So I got a new job here in Research Triangle Park, NC. It's a help desk type position and it pays very very well. This will put me on the right track to actually get somewhere and hopefully become a network engineer in the long run.

Right now I'm at the end of the road where I work unless I wanted to go into management and I really don't want to do that. So why not start over? I'm pretty excited.

congrats and all the best for your career
  • Options
    I'd stay in Cary or Raleigh and away from Durham. Never really heard or seen anything good in that area.

Yeah we are looking right in the heart of RTP which seems like a nice area. I know there are a lot of bad parts of Durham but there are good parts as well.

I just don't want to fight traffic for 25 minutes everyday.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got a lot of my cert studying while on the Help Desk lol.

Call volume was heavy until 10am and then it was pretty slow for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

You shouldn't have trouble gradually moving up in the RTP area. Cary is a nice spot to live too but you might find it cheaper in one of the outlying areas. If you don't mind a 45 or so minute commute. Traffic there isn't as retarded at the bigger metro areas. Yet.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the job!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats! Sounds like a nice gig, hope you can move up quickly!
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sweet congrats
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks everyone!

Totally missed this dude. Congrats.