Options

Classes for 70-291?

KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
So far all of my certs have been self study. I only need 2 more tests to get my MCSA. Basically the 2 required ones 70-291 and the 70-290. I want to start with the 70-291 since it will refresh my knowledge. I really want to take classes and have labs for the final 2 because I think I will learn and retain more. Anyone know of any good online or classroom websites I can attend in San Antonio, TX?
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I'm not in San Antonio, but I'm pretty sure there is a New Horizons there.

I'm using TestOut + MS Press for this exam myself. If you prep for the 70-290 first, you will alraeady have a lab setup for the 70-291. Good luck.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As far as classes I took the 70-294 class through global knowledge and it was great, for 291, you might get more out of CBT nuggets than a class, it will be faster, probably better, and you will have the material at your whim.

Labbing it up in Vmware server is a great idea, transcender is also great. If you have an employer they may be willing to send you to a class, also if they buy an enterprise agreement through microsoft that has software assurance, then they surely have SATV training vouchers that will be good at global knowledge in san antonio. (one 5 day voucher basically pays for the week long 3,000$ class).
  • Options
    KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. The problem is If I do a class I want to stretch it out and really get familar with it. I manage a single 2003 server at work and I'm already pretty familiar with it. I'm going to be here for a year so I'm in no rush to do a boot camp or anything. I really want to feel pro after I get the certs. The reason I said 291 first is cause I know all the technology behiond the cert it's just implementing it into Server that I need learning on. Definatly going to search for the new horizons place asap. I might just go with CBT nuggets for 291 since 290 seems to be the main one for labs. Cheers.