Passed CCENT ;-)

Shy87Shy87 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Let me tell you this is not a easy exam.. Only 90 minutes and 50 questions.

I was so scared and nervous that I was stuck on simple subnetting question for about 12-13 minutes.this was my 3rd question and I was not even able to do simple addition. I skipped that question bcos my hands were shaking, I really dont know why...

from 3rd question to 25th exam was really easy but then long simulations within limited time can be a tought job. I was getting the feeling that I am on edge of pass/fail and at one time i was so nervous that I just wanted the exam to end..

But yea ending was happy. I passed with the score of 840/100. Not a top score But for me a pass is pass...

the best material for ccent according to me is CBT nuggets and wendell odom. CBT nuggets to understand things and books to practice questions etc....

But yea if you are going to follow CBT nuggets listen to his each word, each word can be a question in exam..

Now rest for 2 days and then I will plan for part 2 icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Comments

• Shy87Shy87 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ohh sorry I was bit too excited that I forgot to thank you all (Sorryy).. But yes honestly This is one of the best forum on the internet. So proffesional and so helping...

I posted so many problems here and my every problem was solved within hours. Thank you soo much, for all your support
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congradulations on passing the exam.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Xargon61Xargon61 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long were you studying for this exam and how extensive was your networking knowledge at the time you started?
    Actually I was in rush to get the certification. Bcos there is a chance of promotion at work If I can get good knowledge of networking.. I took me 2-3 months, 3 days in a week. Bcos I was working 4 days in week for 36 hours.

Before starting this my knowledge about network fundamentals was clear and dat was it really. I had no idea about OSI layer, static/dynamic routing, nat, sdm etc lol...

according to me you need atleast 2 months and if you are working fulltime then 3-4 months. its hard but you dont want to waste 6months just on CCENT
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! Good going.

We need more ladies in this field!
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    congrats, mind in about a month!icon_study.gif
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Nice one, plan on going for ICND2 now ?

;) go get it...you'll enjoy it alot more
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Xargon61Xargon61 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ah, good stuff. Well, congrats and good luck on ICND2 :)
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Okay Break Time is over onto ICND2. Just busting take a break and have a few beers. Congrats on the pass. It feels good I remember.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 Studies icon_study.gif

You'll still have to learn some new "theory" for ICND2 -- but it's not "trivia" like some of the background ICND1 information was. And then you get the chance to turn around and apply the theory to real configurations on real hardware (or simulator or emulator) -- so the more time to spend working "hands on" the easier ICND2 should become.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CiscoGal

great job!

I think we all doubt ourselves at times. but you have come along way with your education..you can do it!

PS. hey like your pic, my avatar is me too. I look just like my avatar! really I do ;)))
    kenny831 wrote: »

We need more ladies in this field!

I got in trouble with with a girl in my class for actually saying that.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done :) the first one is the hardest ;)

Are you going to carry on for the CCNA and above ?
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Haha see I was on a break.... I guess I am still in exam shock..

Yes 1-2 days break them I am planning for MCP and CCNA.. I am trying to get my CCNA within next 2 months and MCP asap. ITs just a plan rest you cant really say...
    And yea I am a girl NOT A LADY lol
  • tearofstearofs Member Posts: 112
    Let me guess, you are 23 yrs old and you are shy, :)
  • hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    hex_omega wrote: »
    -h-o-t-

concentrate on studies icon_cool.gif
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Shy87 wrote: »
    concentrate on studies icon_cool.gif

LOL!! great ;)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    I got in trouble with with a girl in my class for actually saying that.

Yeah, you never know what will upset someone, its best stay neutral I guess.
    kenny831 wrote: »
    Yeah, you never know what will upset someone, its best stay neutral I guess.

Trust me, I try to!! I'm not good with words. I mean well for the most part (98%) but it comes out wrong.
    Booya!!
  • webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
    nice going shy ;)
    CCDP Next
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    Congrats!

The field could definitely use more female persuasion, they all seem to go into the application and development side :P
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Shy87 wrote: »
    Let me tell you this is not a easy exam.. Only 90 minutes and 50 questions.

I was so scared and nervous that I was stuck on simple subnetting question for about 12-13 minutes.this was my 3rd question and I was not even able to do simple addition. I skipped that question bcos my hands were shaking, I really dont know why...

from 3rd question to 25th exam was really easy but then long simulations within limited time can be a tought job. I was getting the feeling that I am on edge of pass/fail and at one time i was so nervous that I just wanted the exam to end..

But yea ending was happy. I passed with the score of 840/100. Not a top score But for me a pass is pass...

Isn't this against the NDA? Or does that only apply to the CCNA? I thought it was a cisco wide thing.
    Decide what to be and go be it.