Wierd issue...

dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
... or me don't know how to do it.
I am trying to install Windows XP on one of the machines. I am formatting the machine and then installing it. The installation goes smooth and asks for CD Key, entered it and does it think and reboots. After rebooting it gives a message, 'You must activate in order to log in' or something of that nature. It would not let me log in unless I activate Windows XP.
So I go into Safe Mode and install the drivers for Network Adapter card and restart and try to activate, it will not activate. So I call Microsoft to activate and go thru the automated process and it does get activated.
So I restart thinking that all is well but the same thing pops up again and would not let me log in. The computer is not on the Domain.
And this is not just on one machine. I tried it on another machine with another key and another DVD but the same thing is happening.
Anyone have any ideas as to what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What exactly pops up? Are you installing using a Windows XP Install disk or are you using a burned Image File? Is the computer supposed to be on a domain?

There was a little bit of confusion in your post. If you could tell me the exact point you are stuck on I could probably help you a little more.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is the message that pops up: "To proceed your copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft. Do you want to activate Windows now?" When I click YES, it goes through the activation process and since my computer does not have the network card drivers yet, I called the MS support to activate it and after entering the activation code provided by MS, the copy activates just fine. I reboot it and before the log on screen, it gives me the same message. Its like it is running into a loop and would not let me log in. However, I can get into Safe Mode.
    The computer is supposed to be in the domain but I don't want to connect it right away and so right now it is Not on the domain.
    It is an XP install disk(OEM, if that makes any difference).
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The computers will need to be connected to the internet to receive the word from Microsoft that it has an activated serial key.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.