Options

Few Questions 70-680 Exam tomorrow!

krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I know its Easter Sunday and am sure you all have better things to do than answer my questions.

I have my 70-680 exam tomorrow and I keep finding a few gaps in my knowledge I think its just pre exam nerves as this is my first Microsoft exam.

I am at the stage where I am questioning everything I know grrrrrr.

Thanks in advance guys.

Russell

- Can I restore a single file from a system image or do I have restore to whole image?

-If I had a win 2008r2 server that ran lets say client monitoring software and the software requires to run a remote procedure on a win 7 client.

Would I create a rule custom rule via windows advance firewall or would I create a predefind rule? Or would I do this though the network sharing centre? I am a little confused.

- Other question I have is regarding allowing users to install drivers for a device.

Lets say I have a computer and I wanted to allow Standard users to upgrade graphic card drivers.

What local group policy would I modify? Device settings for the user or computer?

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    You can mount an image and take a single file out of it, but you can specify an exact file while actually applying the image to a machine.
  • Options
    ConfigConfig Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    krusty83uk wrote: »
    Hello All,

I know its Easter Sunday and am sure you all have better things to do than answer my questions.

I have my 70-680 exam tomorrow and I keep finding a few gaps in my knowledge I think its just pre exam nerves as this is my first Microsoft exam.

I am at the stage where I am questioning everything I know grrrrrr.

Thanks in advance guys.

Russell

- Can I restore a single file from a system image or do I have restore to whole image?

-If I had a win 2008r2 server that ran lets say client monitoring software and the software requires to run a remote procedure on a win 7 client.

Would I create a rule custom rule via windows advance firewall or would I create a predefind rule? Or would I do this though the network sharing centre? I am a little confused.

- Other question I have is regarding allowing users to install drivers for a device.

Lets say I have a computer and I wanted to allow Standard users to upgrade graphic card drivers.

What local group policy would I modify? Device settings for the user or computer?

Grrr wrote a reply which disappeared when I tried to reply

2. If its custom software you would have to create a custom rule in windows firewall with advanced security. Predefined rules are for existing windows features/protocols.
    3. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Driver Installation >Allow non-administrators users to install drivers for these device classes. Then you supply the GUID for the devices for which you want users to be able to install drivers for.

Note: By default the drivers must be signed and then pre-staged into the driver store and the above GPO enabled before standard users are able to install them.

Good luck in your exam.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck on your exam tomorrow!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Ah 3 hours till my exam. i hope I did a enough studying I keep on questioning everything I know!!!!!!!!!

I can’t mind feeling like this when I was at university but suppose that was over 4 years ago. I should have got into the Microsoft testing years ago I personally blame the Xbox and call of duty over the last few years.

I suppose the first Microsoft exam will always be the worse am sure you all been here before.

aleast the test centre is only 5 miles from my house but its in a really strange laid out business park I know where the business park is but no totally sure where the test centre is ahhhhhh I may just leave early and find it then do some study in the car.

Maybe I am just thinking to much.

Ah well least I have a free 2nd shot

After my exam today I was thinking about treating my self to a new game battlefield bad company 2 do you’s think PC or Xbox?
  • Options
    I passed today 850 the exam was harder than I was expecting.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Regards

Russell
  • Options
    Congrats! You are right its not a terribly easy exam. Very enterprise oriented.
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Russell! Enjoy your new game :)
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Oh BTW I have Bad Company 2 on PC and aside from the typical Recon/Sniper campers its a pretty fun game.

Its actually funny that in a lot of cases so many people on the other team camp as Recon that they don't ever take flags and therefore lose miserably.