IOS Version

rc51bossrc51boss Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which IOS versions should I be running on my routers for the CCNA? I have a 2650XM and (2)1760's.

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    12.2.X or above,

to be honest for the ccna the ip base feature set will be plenty, you are only going to need the basic routing protocols, and features.

But my sugestion is get the highest you routers can handel with the memory they have, and if possible the advanced feature set. this will come in handy for the CCNP and above.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    You'll need 12.4 if you want to play with SDM.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I don't know why I typed a 2??

As Colby mentioned the exams states 12.4.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Because other than SDM, what else do you need 12.4 for?

But you should always get a router that has MAX memory/flash and has the biggest/baddest IOS Feature Set and latest/greatest IOS Version -- unless it's a newer router and you're planning to buy the IOS upgrade when you need a better feature set and a Smartnet Contract so you can get IOS updates.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    DevilWAH wrote: »

As Colby mentioned the exams states 12.4.
    What am I, chopped liver? icon_lol.gif
    What am I, chopped liver? icon_lol.gif

Not at all ;). and yes your right about the SDM, but it was the point about CISCO specifying 12.4 I was agreeing with ;)

However I do apologise for not acknowledging your correct response. ;)