Options

OS Pass Mark?

PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Whats required to pass the OS?

I have it on December 17th but i havent studied a thing for it yet and havent taken my own notes for it either.

Will the OS notes on this site be enough? They dont seem to cover a lot. Could i still have the time to pass it?

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    paul1975 wrote:
    Whats required to pass the OS?

The passing mark is 505/900
    paul1975 wrote:
    I have it on December 17th but i havent studied a thing for it yet and havent taken my own notes for it either.

Will the OS notes on this site be enough? They dont seem to cover a lot. Could i still have the time to pass it?

It depends on how much experience you have. Personally I would go buy a short book, like Exam Cram 2 and study the OS portion and then combine that with the notes on this site as well as the practice test.
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    YEP it depends on the experience. If you have experience doesn't mean you will surely pass the test because they go also in details. You will have to know:

Fat , fat32 , Ntfs , Winnt32.exe with the switches , Winnt.exe with the switches , Boot.ini , Troubleshooting , ETC ETC.

My advice :

You got 17 days to go, 11 days for sudying the book ( make a practice exam after reading every chapter and try to indentify your weak part ) , 3 days reading the cram and technotes. On the 15-16 day you make alot of practice exam eg preplogic , transcender , simulation exam , on this site , on mcmcse.com , etc etc

As I always learned you can accept an advise or simply reject it as of you didn't read it.
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    basically you only have to get about 65% of the questions correct.