Options

Labsim for MCTS: 70-640

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
I recently purchased the Labsim (Testout) CBT for the 83-640.
Has anyone else on here used this? It seems to be helping a little so far. I'm still in the catch up mode where I'm further ahead in the reading than I am in the Labsim.
I got to the 60% mark in the MS Press book and took some custom practice tests and realized I needed to review what I had done so far. I've been doing good on the labbing side but the actual book learning wasn't taking root in my brain.
I've spent the last week reading (reviewing) with the Sybex book and now I'm using Labsim CBT.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Haven't used it, but I am in agreement with you 100%.

I learn so much better by physically doing it, than by reading about it. I think many people in this industry are this way. There is quite a bit of practicality versus theory. Which is why experience is king.

Just my observation.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I learn by doing as well. As you know my MCITP EA studies were coupled with doing most everything on the exams on a large scale in production so I was forced to learn it lol.
  • Options
    I don't have the work experience to help me learn this. Everythings being done on VMWare workstation. So far it's going pretty good.
    Couldn't do the AD FS labs due to I can't install as many VM's as the MS Press book requires. I'm starting to do the labs in the Sybex book which are easier for me to do since none so far require more than 2 VM's. My max is 3 VM's and if I network to my second comp which can run 2 VM's I can do 5. When I have these 5 all powered on, not even doing anything, I'm bottle-necking my ram and everything is running sluggish. The ADFS labb in the MS book has 8, not including clients.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i used testout for 83-640. I have to say, their videos for this exam were not particularly good compared to their other products. However, the notes and practice questions and simulations were extremely helpful
  • Options
    I'm noticing that the videos aren't as good as what I was used to. The practice exams and notes are good though.
    It's still a good break from the dry MS book though.
    I should be ready for my test in about 3 weeks.