Studying for CCENT

govtech85govtech85 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone provide me with some key factor that i while need in studying for my CCENT cert? It would be much appreciated!icon_study.gif

Comments

• blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Invest in a lab & learn how to subnet quickly.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Know all the topics listed in the exam blueprint.

The more hands on lab work you do (for the hands on tasks) the easier the Cisco exams become (especially once you get past the ICND1 exam).

Subnetting, subnetting, and subnetting. When you're knocking out the questions at subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online in 10-20 seconds you know you've "got it."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    When you start studying, make sure you come here for some detailed explanations of anything you may be confused on....
  • bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
    I first started off by reading the Cisco Press ICND1 book by Wendall Odom. I also went through cbtnuggets for the ICND1.

As I went through ICND1 I had a lab that I was able to follow everything he was doing.

My lab is such.

Routers: 2 1721's (Really only need one for the CCENT).
    Switches: 2 2950's (once again you really only need one for the first half)

I started from scratch I wiped out all configs and Vlan.dat files and created a lab from the ground up. This helped me learn everything I needed to.

Once I had all of this finished I took practice tests for 4 days straight. I used the Boson tests that came with the book.

The subnetting technique I used was the one in cbtnuggets and it was pretty straight forward and easy after it clicked. I also read the subnetting made easy section in the book Network Warrior which helped as well.

When I finally go to the test I finished with 20 minutes left and got a 938.

That's my experience with it and I hope it helps.