Taking CCENT for Second Time

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
any suggestions on where i can get anymore good practice questions...
I currently Have the Boson Sim i do 900+ everytime and Exam Cram i believe and i score well but i feel like im missing something...
My next test is on sat and a bit nervous but i know how the exam gui is now so i shouldnt be low on time hope this time i pass unlike last time fail by one point icon_sad.gif

Comments

• *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lay off the test questions and just do a review of the materials. Test questions are fine up to a point. If you keep doing them, you start to memorize them. That is not going to help you pass the test.

You've taken it once already. You know whats there and whats required. Just do a review and you will be fine.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Didn't you get a report on your weak areas?

Study those....and make sure you still study your strong areas so they don't become your new weak areas!!
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    my weak spots are implenting a WLAN but i watch the CBTNuggets video like 5 times and the WAN and i read the chapters a few times but i still feel like i did too little icon_sad.gif maybe is just me being nervous...
    my weak spots are implenting a WLAN but i watch the CBTNuggets video like 5 times and the WAN and i read the chapters a few times but i still feel like i did too little icon_sad.gif maybe is just me being nervous...

I must have gotten lucky then, my questions barely had anything on WLAN....icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□

You need to know what a BSS and ESS is.
    What can cause interference?
    How much overlap Cisco recommends for an ESS (10-15%).
    Know the different frequencies and protocols (2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, 802.11a/b/g/n).
    Know the different types of security (WEP, WPA, WPA2).
    WPA uses TKIP
    WPA2 uses AES
    Know what 802.11X is.

Good luck!!
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□

you will always question yourself. Sometimes you just have to do it. I think you will do fine!!

Also, be careful about CBT nuggets, Jeremy makes things sound way too easy. He's great for general coverage, but definitely keep reading your books....
    Well just got back from taking the CCENT Exam and i am glad to say i passed the test with a 864 score so finally now im off to study the ICND2 :)
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well just got back from taking the CCENT Exam and i am glad to say i passed the test with a 864 score so finally now im off to study the ICND2 :)

Congratz! I knew you would pass! icon_cheers.gif
    thank you thank you thank you i think i might just prepare a speech or some sort of list of thank yous...