Options

Help with Case Study.

dan87951dan87951 Member Posts: 107
Some buddies and I are trying to do one of the cisco case studies that involves building a router around OSPF routing protocol. There are 4 routers and 3 switches in this case study. We have to configure 3 VLANS we have to configure. The ISP Router which would be router 5 is already configured and we are not suppose to be able to configure that one. We were givin a IP address of 223.0.0.0 and had to VLSM the address to fit are particular guidelines. Are VLSMing should be correct. Are problem is we can not ping routers that are not neighboring devices. For example I'm at Router 1 (look at graphic) and I'm trying to ping Router 3's ethernet interface but I cannot. Sometimes I can ping the serial interface of Router 3 but get a 40-60% ping success rate. I have both network statements for each neighboring devices so im hoping that is not the problem. So in other words if there is a router in between the two routers were trying to ping it will not work.

Comments

• Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Try checking the routing protocol configuration (area ID, wildmask address and network statements).
    Following should prove helpfull if you have not tried them already:-

-Router#show ip int brief (make sure interfaces and protocols are up)
    -Router#show ip route (check if routes appear in the routing table)
    -Router#show cdp neighbors (confirm if you can see the neighbor routers)
    -Router#show ip ospf neighbors (confirm connection with OSPF routers)
    -Router#show controllers (helps to check physical layer connections)

If all of the above are okay, recheck your subnetting and ospf wildmask configuration.
    I'm just a newbie so i hope it works or atleast help you start your troubleshooting untill some experienced geek chips in (plenty of them around here :)icon_thumright.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    knownasthatguyknownasthatguy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive done this case study, do me a favor and paste your configs, i think i might be able to help
    Is it getting bright in here, or am I just cool like that