Options

Passed 70-290!

ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
After 4 months of practice I passed today and damm:)it feels so good when "you make a step forward" :D

The test wasn't hard!!Learn your stuff an be confident with disk management,backup methods and permissions!Well learn everything after exam objectives and you should be ok.Practice a lot and pay attention at error messages,which you get when you install Windows Server 2003 ,setup domain controller and how you fixed them.IF you ever fixed them! icon_lol.gif Logon error messages are the most important when you take 70-290 test.

I get a lot of backup questions,one questions about IIS which handled on backing up the IIS metabase:),more about permissions;a lot of them about NTFS permissions!

You shall have control on different types of RAID and the difference between them.

I have used Microsoft book,Sybex,Exam Cram and Sygress icon_lol.gif
4 months of practice 2 computers:one domain controller and a client,with IIS and SUS installed.

Transcender does NOT help for this test!Mess around with the test engine which came with Microsoft book.

If you have questions about test ...don't hesitate!

Next 70-291!
Mess with the best,Die like the rest!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hope to sit this one soon... thanks for the comments and congrats!

EDIT: I do have one question... how much overlap did you see between the material in 70-270 and 70-290? From the studying I've done so far, it seems like quite a bit of it overlaps.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Congrats...Nice review too, I am writing this test on Monday... icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The share,NTFS permissions,HD magement and Fault tolerance,and EFS overlaps but don't forget the new features in W 2003:SUS,IIS v 6.0 which is not enabled by default and so on.

And remember the story with the pool when it's about real test.On my test I've got many backup questions but on yours maybe you'll get more about ISS or SUS or ...you name it!;)

Take your time to study every mmc and just take the test!

Good luck! :D
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • Options
    Just scheduled mine for next Friday (12/10)... we'll see how she goes.

Definately going to be installing IIS and SUS this weekend to play around with them as I don't really have any "real" experience with either!
  • Options
    Passed mine as well, I swear half of the questions were about backups.