IT Career/ CCNA Exam- Tips please!!

nellis430nellis430 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm a beginner, interested in learning more about the IT industry and considering studying for my CCNA certification. Any tips on the most popular or best websites/forums I should look at or join to learn more about it? I want to do as much research on my own as possible, so I'm curious what other people do.

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    nellis430 wrote: »
    Any tips on the most popular or best websites/forums I should look at or join to learn more about it?

You found the best website/forum for certifications. As for material, I recommend Odom's official CCNA exam library:
    Amazon.com: CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (Exam 640-802), Third Edition (Containing ICND1 and ICND2 Second Edition Exam Certification Guides) (9781587201950): Wendell Odom: Books

Good luck in your studies.
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    You can either self-study with the books just posted above or you can take the Cisco Academy course hopefully available in your local college.

The first option is MUCH cheaper.....but only if you can teach yourself and savvy enough to come here asking a lot of questions... :D
  • steve514steve514 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would use this forum + the additional forum/free lab resources:
    http://www.networkingcertified.com/resources/
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    I have the ciscopress books but after I pass icnd1 I going to cbtnuggets, heard nothing but great reviews. Some have said ther books are very dry but I feel they are very well done. You might need more drive to keep going, because I have to read some thing a few times before I get it.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • nellis430nellis430 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great, thanks a lot for all of your help. Any suggestions for good job sites to look at? I've heard many people say IT staffing firms are the way to go.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    nellis430 wrote: »
    Great, thanks a lot for all of your help. Any suggestions for good job sites to look at? I've heard many people say IT staffing firms are the way to go.

dice.com