Projector Lamps?

KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Peeps. Does anyone know anything about projector lamps? My boss gave me a replacement bulb for a 3M 9000PD digital wall display. Problem is I have to put it in the cartridge and there are 2 white wires they both seem to have different writing on them but does anyone know if it matters which wire goes to which screw in port on the projector lamp? I found a couple real small pictures of the Lamp assembly online but there to small to see details. I tried both ways and the projector lamp still won't ignite.

Tried calling 3M support and there closed. If anyone happens to have experience with projectors or can point me in the right direction it would be awesome. (How did I get dragged into this mess...) lol

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Thats strange, all the ones I ever did either slid or screwed in (like regular bulbs)

A couple of tips, though

1. Do NOT touch the bulb with your bare fingers.

2. Make sure the power plug is totaly disconnected before you put the new one in. A guy I used to work with had put one into a plugged in projector and it asploded in his hand.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Kikode wrote: »
    Hey Peeps. Does anyone know anything about projector lamps? My boss gave me a replacement bulb for a 3M 9000PD digital wall display. Problem is I have to put it in the cartridge and there are 2 white wires they both seem to have different writing on them but does anyone know if it matters which wire goes to which screw in port on the projector lamp? I found a couple real small pictures of the Lamp assembly online but there to small to see details. I tried both ways and the projector lamp still won't ignite.

Tried calling 3M support and there closed. If anyone happens to have experience with projectors or can point me in the right direction it would be awesome. (How did I get dragged into this mess...) lol

http://www.devicemanuals.com/

Try the manual.
    start at page 31.

http://www.devicemanuals.com/guide/Display/3M/3M-Digital-Wall-Display-9000PD-Operator-Guide-==TVRFeE9UQXg=.html
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies so far. That manual is the only source of info I have found so far. I wish when the lamp came in it was housed in a new cartridge and my problems would be non existant. But as it is all I have is a lamp with 2 holes in it that you screw the wires into. I guess the biggest issue is trying to find out if it matters if the wires were wired wrong would it cause the bulb to fail. Or would it matter at all. Reason thats so important is I need to know If I'm to blame for it not working or if the bulb is fine and the projector has something else wrong with it. They haven't used it in some time so that's a possibility.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The 3M manual that Plantwiz found only talks about replacing the entire lamp module as a unit. It doesn't mention anything about taking it apart. I assume that this isn't a 3M spare and it is a replacement bulb from a third party? Ask whoever your boss bought this bulb from?

I've no idea if your bulb has any special wiring requirements though. Some types of projector bulbs like Xenon ones do need the correct polarity but I don't think you've got that in your projector.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Kikode wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies so far. That manual is the only source of info I have found so far. I wish when the lamp came in it was housed in a new cartridge and my problems would be non existant. But as it is all I have is a lamp with 2 holes in it that you screw the wires into. I guess the biggest issue is trying to find out if it matters if the wires were wired wrong would it cause the bulb to fail. Or would it matter at all. Reason thats so important is I need to know If I'm to blame for it not working or if the bulb is fine and the projector has something else wrong with it. They haven't used it in some time so that's a possibility.

Many bulbs have a warranty, so see if there is a warranty on it.

I've not seen newer items where one needs to wire the bulb in (old projectors did, but all the parts lists I'm finding for this model recommend)
    3M | Spare Lamp Module for 9000 Series Overhead | DWD 8510LK

3M 9000PD WallDisplay for Projection Wall Display 3M 9000PD, 9000 PD

I don't doubt you...but maybe for $300 it would be worth a new bulb assembly and slide the old out and install the new?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?