Issue with SDM

notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue getting my SDM to work. It's installed locally on my PC.

I thought that I had all the config setup properly. Here's what I have.

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default local

username notgoing2fail privilege 15 password 0 cisco

ip http server
ip http secure-server
ip http authentication local

line vty 0 4
privilege level 15
transport input telnet ssh

Am I missing anything else? It just doesn't take my account info and complains I need an account with level 15 privileges....

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've ran into that a few times. which version of Java are you using? I noticed this issue with version 19. I'm not at home now to verify, but after uninstalling version 19 and reinstalling with the 1.4.2_17 or 16, I was good. Also, if you're getting the SUN/Java authentication window, cancel out of that until you reach the SDM authentication. I've had it where the SUN/Java authentication window did not work for me either. I hope this helps.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    I've ran into that a few times. which version of Java are you using? I noticed this issue with version 19. I'm not at home now to verify, but after uninstalling version 19 and reinstalling with the 1.4.2_17 or 16, I was good. Also, if you're getting the SUN/Java authentication window, cancel out of that until you reach the SDM authentication. I've had it where the SUN/Java authentication window did not work for me either. I hope this helps.

Well my Java says it's version 6 update 14. Are you saying I'm 13 versions behind? LOL...

I just installed SDM version 2.5 last week on this PC. It almost kinda seems like things went wrong since installing it locally.

I run the SDM launcher, put in the IP address, then it opens up my browser and I get the popup asking for the account info again.....

What's the point of using the launcher? I can just put in the IP address myself in the URL? LOL!!!!
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What browser are you using?
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What a coincidence. I'm playing with SDM and I ran into the same problem. Do you have an enable secret password configured on your router? I didnt at first. Once I configured it, I got it to work. Its the only thing I changed and it went from not working, to working.

I had problems with the additional functions icon not working and had to revert back to an older version of Java. Now theres a memory heap size that needs to be changed to see IPS. ~sigh.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    *BB* wrote: »
    What a coincidence. I'm playing with SDM and I ran into the same problem. Do you have an enable secret password configured on your router? I didnt at first. Once I configured it, I got it to work. Its the only thing I changed and it went from not working, to working.

I had problems with the additional functions icon not working and had to revert back to an older version of Java. Now theres a memory heap size that needs to be changed to see IPS. ~sigh.

Thank you, that fixed it. I just never bothered to use "Secret" because hell, I'm in a lab....this is good FYI though....

Just jumped on my switch SDM and it is nothing like the router SDM. This looks like a linksys web interface. LOL....
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Thank you, that fixed it. I just never bothered to use "Secret" because hell, I'm in a lab....this is good FYI though....
    SDM requires a basic configuration on the router before it will load properly. You'll find these files packaged with SDM. You can't just point it at a router with a completely blank configuration.
    Just jumped on my switch SDM and it is nothing like the router SDM. This looks like a linksys web interface. LOL....
    The basic web GUI on a switch isn't SDM. SDM is the big Java app that is only on routers.
  • CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    I just never bothered to use "Secret" because hell, I'm in a lab....
    I suggest using secret exclusively. Its a good practice and I can't think of any reason not to use it. More security is icon_thumright.gif
    tiersten wrote: »
    The basic web GUI on a switch isn't SDM. SDM is the big Java app that is only on routers.
    Agreed.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT