A couple of questions re ICND1 & 2

DrNetDrNet Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ive given myself 6-8 weeks before I sit my ICND1, and wanted to confirm if there is a time period within which I must complete the ICND2? Someone I was speaking to told me 12 weeks, but Ive not been able to officially confirm this...

I also need to find out if extra time is allowed for people with disabilities... Im partitally sighted, and it takes longer for me to read material. I was always awarded around 20% extra time in exams at college/uni etc.. and wondered if similar dispensation can be given...

Thanks

Comments

• binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    there is no limit that i know of after icnd that you must finish icnd2. myself is having some problem memorizing the material in icnd2 just because they are so new to me.

if you are diabled the best thing is to contact pearson vie and inquire about the time limits.
  • DrNetDrNet Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks... I was originally told this when a study advisor from a testing centre called me to discuss another query... He siad you must sit the ICND2 within 12 weeks of taking the first exam... Ive called Cisco, who have raised a ticket, but initially they couldnt find out!!!

Ive found out that I could be entitiled to either time and a half, or double time, which is a bit of a result!! :D
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco exams are "good" for 3 years after you pass to apply towards a Certification.

If you don't pass the ICND2 (or CCNA) exam within 3 years of passing the ICND1 exam, then you'd either have to retake the ICND1 (or CCNA) exam to earn the CCNA Certification.

If you have a voucher for an exam from your class, there may be an expiration date on that you'd want to make on your calendar.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like someone wanted to earn some $$$ for putting your butt in a seat sooner.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/