270 or 290, which to take first?

greenLigreenLi Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone!

I'm preparing for my 270 exam. Probably I will take it this coming May 2010. I'm confused which one to take first, the 270 or 290. A lot of IT professional took 290 before 270, and vice versa. I just want to ask those who took both exams, which do you think I should take first?

I'm currently working as an IT coordinator. I have more than 3 years of IT experience. 20% of computers in my office are running in windows xp. We also have windows 2003 servers working as a domain controller, file server. I have experience both in desktop and server administration.

Many thanks in advance to everyone!

Comments

• etowntecetowntec Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the 290 exam first and now I am studying to take the 270 exam in the next week or so.

I am finding that after taking the 290 most of the 270 exam is just a review. But I believe I was better off in going with the 290 first because the books and cbt nuggets on that exam went into alot more detail about each of the topics than the 270 exam does.

The hardest part about the 270 is that it covers such a large amount of information. The information it self is easy to grasp but the number of topics to keep in mind is a little more difficult.