Options

Webmaster, how about a book review Fourm?

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
Webmaster, how about a book review Fourm? where members can review books and give it stars and post a review? icon_wink.gif Just an Idea... I know your site is good already.... :D

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    We've had some discussions (including behind the scenes) about a review forum (books, but other products as well) a while ago. Eventually we kinda decided to not create a seperate forum, but instead encourage people to include a review of their study material in their "I Passed!"-posts, so the reviews automatically end up in the right forum (for the corresponding exam). This also keeps the review unbiased as it is partly based on the actual exam results. Another thing is that the "I passed"-posts are usually posted by someone who has been a member for some time, and often posted before. This also increases the chance that the review is unbiased and not from someone who is shamelessly self-promoting his own product, or some one who got paid (or received the product for free) just to write the review (yes, that happens, although usually not with the reputable products). Another benifit is that I can give away some products once in a while to some of our top frequent-posters and know that it will actually be of help instead of a 'duty' to write the review.

So you can post product reviews in pretty much every forum we have.
    :)

Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else has an opinion on this, please share. If plenty of members really want a Review forum, we're getting one.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok thank you, Webmaster for the explanation... Hopefully we will see a Book review forum here soon; :D It would just be nice to have. I have another Idea.... Maybe just create a book forum within each of the exam forums for example, if you want to see book reviews for ...Server+ you would just go to the Server+ forum then click on Server+ Book reviews for instance if thats what the forum would be called. You could do it for each certification. Anyway I hear what your saying, I'm just thinking like you said, its only worth it if a lot of members request it, either way I think it would benefit a lot of Newbies and even experienced techies out there;. Anyway thanks again,
    icon_wink.gif

D-boy