Options

Free, on-line Shon Harris CISSP training

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
There is a free, on-line CISSP training series being released by Shon Harris at:

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/content/0,290959,sid14_gci1011810,00.html

There are ten lessons (one for each domain) that are audio with a set of slides and a quiz (also available as a Word doc).

So far, lessons one through five have been released; the following schedule has been posted for the release of the remaining lessons:

Lesson/Domain 6: Applications and System Development (available 12/16)
Lesson/Domain 7: Business Continuity (available 1/12 2005)
Lesson/Domain 8: Law, Investigation and Ethics (available 2/2 2005)
Lesson/Domain 9: Physical Security (available 2/24 2005)
Lesson/Domain 10: Operations Security (available 3/10 2005)

If you are looking into what kinds of information is covered by the CISSP, then you must check out this series--especially if you prefer listening to reading.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for sharing Bob :D

I have the CISSP all in one by Shon Harris and it's one of the better books I've read.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Webmaster wrote:
    Thanks for sharing Bob :D

I have the CISSP all in one by Shon Harris and it's one of the better books I've read.

If you know this book...the test will be no problem...Very good book..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for the link. I know this is an older post but feel it is deserving of a bump for anyone planning on taking the exam. I wouldn't say I prefer listening over reading. It is just nice to be able to have this link when I don't feel like reading or just as a nice change of pace. Variety is the spice of life and the same holds true in the certification world. I have just started on the CISSP and do have Shon's 3rd edition book and it makes for easy reading. I work at Cybertrust (formely TruSecure) and we have 5 CISSP's and they all highly reccomended this book. After only reading the 1st 70 pages or so I see why. Thanks again.
  • Options
    jsond wrote:
    I work at Cybertrust (formely TruSecure)
    Aren't you the people that put out the TICSA security certification? I'm seriously considering taking that exam. How do you compare it to the SSCP and CISSP?
  • Options
    jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:
    jsond wrote:
    I work at Cybertrust (formely TruSecure)
    Aren't you the people that put out the TICSA security certification? I'm seriously considering taking that exam. How do you compare it to the SSCP and CISSP?

That's us. But I am sorry I have only worked there for a year and a half and am unsure about the TICSA. After I passed the ccsa I narrowed down my next choice between the CCSP, TICSA, CEH, and CISSP. After speaking to the CISSP guys at work I decided I was going to pursue it next. A couple guys there do have the TICSA so when I get a chance I will ask them about it and let you know.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm always glad to get the "inside scoop" on any certification organization.