time to prepare for the beast

chuckzitochuckzito Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
how long would you estimate the time needed to prepare for the beast? I have my 70-270 and 70-290 and want to get my MCSA. I want to take the exam with time to retake with ms 2nd shot deal that ends June 30th. I read a few chapters a while back but got off track and also have my ccna(its been a while) Trying to figure if I should go for the beast or maybe a easier elective that i could take before 2nd shot expires.

?????

Comments

• jwedlundjwedlund Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it depends on how many hours a day you are willing to put in. I spent a month studying for it the 3rd time i took it and passed. But i was also studying about 6 hours per day and taking notes and doing labs. But i would say give yourself a month unless you work with 2003 on a daily basis. What books are you using to prep for this exam? I used the MS press 291 2nd edition book and the Mastering server 2003 book by Mark Minasi for my studies also had CBT nuggets on hand for anything i may have overlooked. I hope this helps.
  • celtic_tigerceltic_tiger Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it also depends on how long ago you completed those last exams 270 and 290 if that knowledge is still somewhat fresh in your mind then this is a big bonus also did you mention the ccna? If you have that then subnetting and routing is mostly in the bag.

Personally Ive had 6 weeks and I still feel I have so much to do to be confident on passing the exam and I feel I could possibly pass 50/50 chance if the right questions come my way. Ill sit it in 10 days or so but i sure aint confident so it depends on how you found the 270 and 290 exams & how long it took you to complete them. Id say perhaps you should allocate 15% longer study time than the 290 for the 291 exam.