Options

I need your help. Video upload server.

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
I need to be able to upload videos from a company website that are upto 4GB in size to a server. the upload interface will be part of the website and needs to look clean and professional. It needs to have password capabilities to prevent unwanted users from logging in and uploading random crap. The data doesn't have to be encrypted but the passwords need to be to prevent sniffing attacks etc. I thought of FTP but there is no nice looking front end to it and it requires ftp programs for upload that I know of. Unless you know of another way with ftp to web site integration.

This is what will happen in a world with no problems. A user visits the company website and logs in with a username and pass. They come to an area that looks professional and has a nice interface. They select the location of the video on their local computer to upload from that is upto 4GB. The video gets uploaded, the company takes the video and edits it and then the company puts it back on the server for the person to download again after they have logged in.

Hope that makes sense. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FTP credentials are plain text, so it won't meet one of your prime requirements right there.
    Either setup SFTP, SCP or something similar.
    No matter what solution you go with there will be an application required to transfer the files, though of course you could have that code built into the server and presented through the web interface (as most do) to make it relatively transparent to the end user. Still to do this properly and securely for a public facing server with customer files I would at the very least hire a consultant, most likely outsource to a professional services company that can code the site and transfer mechanism for you.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?