Options

CCNA Wireless Certification

teksource1984teksource1984 Member Posts: 100
Hello Fellas,

I'm new to the Cisco field of networking. I studied for the CCENT and did not like it. I felt like I was forcing myself to study for it. That's why I couldn't really progress any further.

However, I really do like learning about wireless technologies and feel that it will have a more dominant share of the market in the future.

If I pursue a CCNA Wireless certification, what job opportunities are available for someone?

Also, can a CCNA Wireless be used as an alternative for a regular CCNA?

Please help me, I really look forward to your comments and thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hello Fellas,

I'm new to the Cisco field of networking. I studied for the CCENT and did not like it.

This is going to be a problem. The CCENT (and the CCNA) is needed for all of the Associate and Pro level certifications so getting over the hump is going to be step one. I do know what you mean. Sometimes it can be dry but it is doable.

If I pursue a CCNA Wireless certification, what job opportunities are available for someone?

In my area, a lot of the Wireless jobs require the CWNA and CWSP (rather than than the CCNA:W) this could be due to the fact that the CCNA:Wireless may not be as well known as the previously mentioned certs. Also it seems that alot of the positions want very high level knowledge or wireless and cell technologies. I suggest that you run a dice search or a indeed search of wireless network engineering jobs around your area and see what they are asking for.
    Also, can a CCNA Wireless be used as an alternative for a regular CCNA?

No. You need the CCNA to get the CCNA:Wireless.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm new to the Cisco field of networking. I studied for the CCENT and did not like it. I felt like I was forcing myself to study for it. That's why I couldn't really progress any further.

If you don't like the CCENT material and have to force yourself to study it, then you might want to reconsider your choice of Cisco Certification and Networking as a career.

If you don't like what you're doing you're probably not going to be any good at it. And if you're not any good at it, you're not going to make the $$$ (big bucks :D). So if you're only doing Cisco Networking for the money, it probably ain't gonna happen.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    shecoolshecool Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I too found the CCENT material quite boring. So instead of diving head first into the book (which I tried) i watched CBT nuggets. I really do enjoy the ICND2 material though and Odom's book for it is wonderful. Why don't you try watching some CBT's for it first and then reading?
    Up Next: CCDA, CCDP
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    I always prefer CBTs first myself. It is a great intro to the topics. Then i just go through the other material and make sure i understand it. diving head first into the books can sometime be quite boring imo.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree, the Jeremy's excitement when watching the CBTNuggets is really infectious.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno