Took SSCP today

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
I sat for the SSCP certification today. It is a very different experience than the normal PC based testing I am used to. I haven't used a scantron sheet for over a decade. There were about 50 of us in there, 2 of them were women. 6 were doing the SSCP, 3 were doing another ISC2 exam and the rest were taking the CISSP. Only 1 no-show. I finished in just under 2hrs and was the first one done. I didn't find the test all that hard but I'm not sure how I did.

Ohh well, time to focus on something else while I wait for the results. The proctor said 2-6 weeks is the average time-frame. Hoping for an early birthday present.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Good luck on your results. It sounds like you didn't have a problem. Let us know how you did.
  • binary-zerobinary-zero Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    azjag wrote: »
    I sat for the SSCP certification today. It is a very different experience than the normal PC based testing I am used to. I haven't used a scantron sheet for over a decade. There were about 50 of us in there, 2 of them were women. 6 were doing the SSCP, 3 were doing another ISC2 exam and the rest were taking the CISSP. Only 1 no-show. I finished in just under 2hrs and was the first one done. I didn't find the test all that hard but I'm not sure how I did.

Ohh well, time to focus on something else while I wait for the results. The proctor said 2-6 weeks is the average time-frame. Hoping for an early birthday present.

Good Luck man ... keep us posted.

thanks.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for your support. And welcome to Techexams.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dude, you left out the best part of that day icon_sad.gif

Did you get your results yet? Mine just showed up.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Dude, you left out the best part of that day icon_sad.gif

Did you get your results yet? Mine just showed up.

Seriously, That part of the day is a little blurry. =)

I got my results at 6:24am indicating that I had passed the SSCP exam. I followed JD Murray's advice and went through the entire exam book and circling the best answer. Then went back through and transferred my answers to the scantron sheet. My experience lasted 2 hours and I was the first one to finish the exam and walk out the door.

As i said in the link above, time to crack open the books and start studying for the CISSP. Good luck to all who are waiting.
    Currently Studying:
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    azjag wrote: »
    I got my results at 6:24am indicating that I had passed the SSCP exam.

Congrats buddy icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Awesome job! I'm sure you will find many parallels between the SSCP and CISSP content/exams. Now make sure to celebrate this great accomplishment.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats !!! i have been taking good notes for the cissp exams and learning quite of bit from JD though. I hope i will pass it.
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp