VMWare Workstation preference Swapping issue

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
This may not even be the right place to post this but I figure someone on this forum could probably help me.
I'm running VMWare workstation and trying to get it to work a little better with the 3 servers I have been running on it. I don't have enough RAM to really run these. I went to edit preferences and it has an option in the memory tab to allow most VM memoory to be swapped which may actually help my performance. When trying to do this I get a message:
Access to "F:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Workstation\config.ini" failed due to file system permissions issues.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would have a look at that file and check if it's either read-only or if the NTFS permissions prevent you from writing to the file.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    astorrs wrote: »
    I would have a look at that file and check if it's either read-only or if the NTFS permissions prevent you from writing to the file.
    Thanks, it did say read only. I feel like such a noob. Didn't notice that before when I looked at file properties. Don't know why it was set to read only though. I was able to make my change to the swapping preference.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.