Options

IT job market

kiki1579kiki1579 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been pushing out my resume as much as I can lately, and with where I live, most of the jobs are 45-50 min away.

I've had some interviews in the past week or so, and at this point I'm having the attitude of do the best I can at the interview and once I leave that interview, I move on to the next. It just seems that every time you try and get your hopes up, you either don't hear from them or get a "thanks but no thanks". Plus every time I send out a "post interview thank you letter", I always get a no, so I shy away from doing that.

In one interview last week with a major corporation, I thought I did well, and answered most of the tech questions correctly, or close to it. It was an overnight 12 hr (3 on 2 off) position. I was fine with that, heck I'd take anything at this point.

At the end of the interview I asked a few questions, and then the hiring manager stated that if I had any "additional questions" to e-mail him. It's hard to wonder if there was a "hidden message" by that statement or not. He said there would be a decision made by next week, so I'm keeping busy with other stuff...like studying for the 70-649 exam.

Things just feel dismal at this point, although I know something will come along eventually. I'm curious as to all of you that are unemployed or looking for a new job, and having a hard time trying to get that position. Is there something that you have used to get the job that works for you