Too...much...reading

BluesKidBluesKid Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been tackling the grueling task of reading up for this exam (Ugh) and will be taking it this Friday (10th). I have the MS Self Paced Training Kit as well as the official MS readiness review book/test CD. I have also read about half of the Sybex 2nd edition study guide. When compared to the official MS Press book, the Sybex seems to have a large amount of, for lack of a better term, fluff and extreme detail. My question is this: Does the official MS Training Kit plus the MS Readiness Review (and, of course, the brilliant notes on this site) offer enough coverage for what is ACTUALLY on the exam? I only ask this because more than a couple times I have seen topics on practice tests that are simply not in the MS Training Kit. I figure if there are significant nit picky detail oriented questions like obscure command line switches and the like, it might be necessary to read another, more detailed book but I don’t know how detailed the exam really gets.

Comments

• kokopelikokopeli Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know in regards to 70-270, but I used only the MS Self Paced Books for 70-210, 70-215 and 70-218 and found they covered the topics well and had enough information to answer the questions
  • fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    I used the Microsoft books, they prepared me quite well. Yes it's alot of reading, but so is the actual test. I had plenty of hands on experiance to back up the reading. Hopefully you've had gear to get a fair share of hands on experiance. On a side note the practice exam here was tougher then my actual exam.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    The exam is alot of reading. I actually won't read any other book besides Exam Cram2 because the others are too thick covering information I already know. If you have experience with this try Exam Cram2.