Options

Almost!!!!!

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I almost had it!!! 1 point and I would have made the CCENT exam.

My score was 803/804 to pass

The break down was:

Describe the operation of data networks - 85%
Implement a small switched network - 88%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and Ip services to meet network requirements - 78%
Implement a small routed network - 56%
Explain and select the appropriate administrative task required for a WLAN - 33%
Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate - 50%
Implement and verify WAN links - 100%

I thought I would do worse on Ip addressing. I thought I would get a high mark on routing and security.

I'll spend around three weeks of study before I retake the exam. I have exams next week so I need to focus on those.

Any advice?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    James,
    I did the same thing just go knock it out in 5 days. Study the weak areas.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    I already mapped out the weak area's but I just want to make sure I can score way higher. I know I was weak in WLAN....

I did the same thing with the 601 for the A+ exam. I failed by 5% and I took three months to study the material again and that got me a 13% increase.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I already mapped out the weak area's but I just want to make sure I can score way higher. I know I was weak in WLAN....

I did the same thing with the 601 for the A+ exam. I failed by 5% and I took three months to study the material again and that got me a 13% increase.

What are you using to study? I bought CBT Nugget's CCENT/CCNA Training Course. But dont know what Text I need...
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am sorry about that keep studying you will pass easyly
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I am working on my ICND1 by Wendell Odom, so far so good. However, the subnetting part I use the method that is in this forum. I also use Jeremy's method. In addition, I just bought the Sybex CCNA by Todd Lammle. I like Sybex book, and Todd did a good job on his Net+, so I decided to get the Sybex CCNA as well. You can't go wrong with more than 1 study material.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    Monkerz wrote: »
    What are you using to study? I bought CBT Nugget's CCENT/CCNA Training Course. But dont know what Text I need...

I'm using the Odom library set 3rd edition. I've studied for over 6 months and did labs.
    Try Odom library set 3rd or 7th edition. There alot of material but it helps to learn it all.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    thehourman wrote: »
    I am working on my ICND1 by Wendell Odom, so far so good. However, the subnetting part I use the method that is in this forum. I also use Jeremy's method. In addition, I just bought the Sybex CCNA by Todd Lammle. I like Sybex book, and Todd did a good job on his Net+, so I decided to get the Sybex CCNA as well. You can't go wrong with more than 1 study material.

I have lamell's sybex book and I find it to be more difficult to read than the Odom(s) book that I have. I honestly don't know why. I'll scan through the sybex book but I don't feel that I helps as much as the books from Odom.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    Explain and select the appropriate administrative task required for a WLAN - 33%
    Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate - 50%

Absolutely need to work on your security and wireless. Everything else looks great so I would go ahead and work on these areas and take it again in a week or two. I usually fail my 1st attempt on Cisco exams because by time you master one area you forget stuff in an other.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • Options
    irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    803/804 that hurts me just looking at it sorry man. the best advice has already been given hit the weak areas and retake the test asap while everything's still fresh.

take care,
    Sean
  • Options
    jeanathan wrote: »
    Absolutely need to work on your security and wireless. Everything else looks great so I would go ahead and work on these areas and take it again in a week or two. I usually fail my 1st attempt on Cisco exams because by time you master one area you forget stuff in an other.

Trust me, I'm going to focus on those area's but I'll go over the others just so that I don't forget the material. I just want to make sure that I can pass the exam next time.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    irishpunk wrote: »
    803/804 that hurts me just looking at it sorry man. the best advice has already been given hit the weak areas and retake the test asap while everything's still fresh.

take care,
    Sean

Hey thanks, I wasn't mad or anything with the score. I know exactly what question put me at that one point. I'll get it next time.
    Booya!!