Options

Project+ help

wayers22wayers22 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I need a little help guys. I plan on enrolling into WGU within the next few months, however I want to knock out all of the Comptia exams first. I currently have A+ as well as Net+ accomplished. I am now studying Security+. I would like to accomplish Project+ at the same time I get my Sec+.

My question for the board is this: Would acquiring Sec+ and Project+ at the same time be too dificult. Also, I keep seeing different Project+ exams (2009 and 2003), which one should I study for? And what book should I get?

Thanks for your help. Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wayers22 wrote: »
    My question for the board is this: Would acquiring Sec+ and Project+ at the same time be too dificult. Also, I keep seeing different Project+ exams (2009 and 2003), which one should I study for? And what book should I get?

I really don't think it would be a big problem to do both at the same time. The hardest thing about the Project+ is how boring it is to study. Study for the new one, and if it does get to hard focus on the Security+ since finishing it this year nets you a lifetime cert icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Which book are you using? I decided to do the project+ now because I've read about how easy it was. I started studying for the 70-680, but it was very boring (to me).
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think there's an academic code available for Project+ 2009, yet, so count on taking the test based on the 2003 objectives. I just took mine a couple weeks ago (and got my card/cert in the mail today).

I didn't look at the 2009 objectives, but the passing score for 2003 is only 499/900. The material is dry, non-technical, and resources are limited, but you can definitely knock it out in under a month. The book WGU sends you is good, the practice tests they require are decent, too.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been having a tough time finding information on the exam. I actually want to get it in before enrolling at WGU. Do you happen to have an ISBN for the book? Or the title?
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This book will be sufficient for either Project+ exam:

Amazon.com: PMP Exam Prep, Sixth Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam (9781932735185): Rita Mulcahy, PMP: Books

Also, I don't think that it's too tough to study for both at the same time. I've taken both exams; for the most part they primarily test your ability to remember material.

MS
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is the book WGU uses for the exam. It's really dry and difficult to read.
    ISBN 13: 9780782144086 Title: Project+ Study Guide, (Exam Pk0-002) Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Description: Project+ Study Guide, (Exam PKO-002) by William Heldman and Lona Cram
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.