Options

Stuppored's MCSE Questions

StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have not done too much homework on the subject but all I can ever seem to hear is that MCSE is in high demand and it's one of Microsoft's best certs. Is it the best cert I can try to achieve?

How many years for renewals? What is the overall cost associated? 2003 is the one I should be gearing for or a newer one? Is Windows 7 one of the exams in it? (I'd like to get that as I have only experience with XP as Vista was horrible).

Throw me some links about the path, costs, how much time you've put into it etc.

Please don't associate me with a noob as I am one and I am asking alot of extremely general questions. I'm currently focused on obtaining CCNA, so I'm just trying to get some basic details before looking into it further.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You gotta do a little homework man but I will help you out.
    Stuppored wrote: »
    I have not done too much homework on the subject but all I can ever seem to hear is that MCSE is in high demand and it's one of Microsoft's best certs. Is it the best cert I can try to achieve?

How many years for renewals? What is the overall cost associated? 2003 is the one I should be gearing for or a newer one? Is Windows 7 one of the exams in it? (I'd like to get that as I have only experience with XP as Vista was horrible).

You can take WinXP (270) Vista(640) or Win7 (680). I have heard that the Vista exam was pretty easy and the Win XP exam was pretty hard. The Win 7 was in the middle from what I have heard.

Stuppored wrote: »
    Throw me some links about the path, costs, how much time you've put into it etc.

The cost can vary from the cost of the exams plus books (if you do
    self study) or the several thousands of dollars. Many people will say that you may want to start the MCITP (aka the Server 200icon_cool.gif series of certs.

Here is a link to the 2003:
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)

2008:
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)