Options

Best website to buy training bundles

martinbrmartinbr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, I would like to get some feedback here about where to go buy training bundles for the A+ exams + vouchers and the Network bundles as well.

There are so many websites offering these packages that it is a little overwhelming. I have been looking at Total Seminars and someone mentioned Transcenders for purchasing these packages. Can someone recommend any more that are any good?
thanks in advance,
martinbr

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    martinbr wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I would like to get some feedback here about where to go buy training bundles for the A+ exams + vouchers and the Network bundles as well.

There are so many websites offering these packages that it is a little overwhelming. I have been looking at Total Seminars and someone mentioned Transcenders for purchasing these packages. Can someone recommend any more that are any good?
    thanks in advance,
    martinbr

I suggest downloading the objectives for each test first, and then getting the training materials that you need. CompTIA A+
    So , if you’re studying for the A+ only focus on the A+, and not the Network+….Once you pass your A+, then focus on the Network+

Also, I suggest studying for only one test at a time. Furthermore, I would try to get some demos of different materials, so that you can decide what you want to use to prepare you for the test. Most of these sites offer some sort of demo.
    Here is what I used to study for the A+ 701:
    CompTIA A+ 2009: CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exams 220-701 (Essentials) and 220-702 (Practical Application) - Book Information - Sybex
    InformIT: CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram:

If you want video training I suggest Testout LabSim Free Trial
    I love testout because they have labs incorporated into their training videos. Labs help you better understand the material, because you can see how the technology and equipment work.
    (These guys offer discounts to students)
    Here’s what I did…
    I read the Sybex book, and then the exam Cram book. As you are reading the books take notes. While you are reading the Exam cram make note cards(off the cram sheet located in the book). Start watching the Test out videos so that you can connect the concepts while you’re reading.
    I bought practice tests form MCSE, A+ and CCNA Certification Practice Exams, MCSE Training, Online Courses and Assessments . and I practiced with them consistently until I got 90$ at least 3 times , then I scheduled my test. After getting 90% with 100 questions, I then bought the voucher and scheduled the test. At the point, practiced with all the questions, and I wrote down the ones I got wrong on note cards ( this is what helped me). My methods are alittle excessive, but it helped me understand the material better.
    How much training you need will depend on your experience with the material.
    Here is a great video on certification training….
    YouTube - Computer Certification: Where Do You Start?
    Good Luck!!! I hope this helps
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor