IT SOX Compliance Certification?

BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anybody know anything about this certification? Does it hold any water if you are looking to get into the I.T. Compliance field?

Thanks

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,021 Admin
    Any company that does SOX auditing can create its own certification for SOX auditors. Do you have a link for a specific SOX cert's vendor?
  • BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Any company that does SOX auditing can create its own certification for SOX auditors. Do you have a link for a specific SOX cert's vendor?

I just did a quick google search and saw some websites offering training on the exam

so there is no one standard exam?
    There is no Federal certification for SOX auditors. The ISO/IEC 27000-series of security standards are used quite a bit for SOX, so use that when referencing auditing certifications. The CISA cert from ISACA and the CIA from the IIA are probably the best known certs for auditors.
    One other question if you dont mind. Is it true that internal auditors are in demand especially in the I.T. field? Is it a good field to get into?

Thanks
    What's the best way to find out if a particular career specialization is in demand? Look on the job boards to check if employers are hiring for it.

I think the only way you'll see a slowing of employment in the auditing fields is if Congress decides to repeal all of those laws it passed that bear the names of Congressmen.