Options

Just Passed the Security+

goofydragon1goofydragon1 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was a bit hesitant to take this test, pushing it off for 6 Months. I bought the Gibson book, Great Resource. Read it Once and cramed this morning a copy of ***********.com over breakfast at the Silver Diner.

I passed the test 835 of 900. Checking out the DOD directive, not knowing my certification path I know I need to obtain A+ and Net+ prior to 2011.

I'm glad the MCSA Sec is not in spec for DOD 8570, I should procrastinate anymore

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the cert. You should probably check the resources you use better, though. Since whatever you crammed over this morning is filtered out, I'm assuming it's from a braindump.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rage_hograge_hog Banned Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Checking out the DOD directive, not knowing my certification path I know I need to obtain A+ and Net+ prior to 2011.
    Security+ is a higher cert (Level II) than A+ and Net+ (Level I). As far as 8570 is concerned you have surpassed the need for those two. That is clearly stated in the paragraphs above the chart in the appendix. But hey, if you want them then do it. -
  • Options
    botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats to your new cert.
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    congratulations on your victory my friend
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the new cert.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratz on your new cert !!!
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats, what gibson book was this?

Oh and according to staff here, even though your certs are lifetime doesnt mean anything, you have to actually recertify.

Or upgrade.