Options

Passed 642-812

jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
with a 900 this morning. One more CCNP in the world. It took me 5 months in all. I don't have a job so for the last 3 test I was able to study 8hrs/day 5days/week.

I think it is time for a vacation. Of the 4 exams the the BCMSN was the hardest because I didn't enjoy it as much. Used lots of labs and CBT Nuggets on all exams, and Train Signal for BSCI. Plus the Cisco books.

Given that the time and money are there, with enough hard work you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

Good luck to everyone working on their CCNP still today; it is a long journey, but once your done it feels great so don't give up!
Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    ZblaJhaNiZblaJhaNi Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats! ;)

any advice for those who will soon write the 642-813 exam?
    ...to the stars through difficulties...
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Well done man.

Doing the BCMSN next week, going through a DHCP snooping and DAI lab at the moment. :)
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    ZblaJhaNi wrote: »
    congrats! ;)

any advice for those who will soon write the 642-813 exam?

Not really other than just make sure you know everything that is covered, even if you don't think it is important. The BCMSN covered a very broad domain of knowledge and I would not have passed if I had just concentrated on one area.

Don't get nervous about the test; I would always tell myself I am just here to let Cisco know what I know and that is it pass or fail.

Time management can be an issue so don't become reliant on practice test for much other than building your time management skills.

That is about all I can think of and good luck.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congrats dude!

So it took 5 months for the last 3 tests.....

I'm assuming the 1st test...maybe 2 months alone? So my guestimate for acheiving CCNP has always been around 6-7 months..

Would you say that's appropriate?
  • Options
    Congrats dude!

So it took 5 months for the last 3 tests.....

I'm assuming the 1st test...maybe 2 months alone? So my guesstimate for achieving CCNP has always been around 6-7 months..

Would you say that's appropriate?

Yes, I took a class at the local college for the BSCI and it lasted 2.5 months so around 7 months in total from start to finish. Of course I had a few weeks off in there somewhere, but I would say you are correct that it will take about 7 months (assuming no job to worry about).
  • Options
    CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    Congrats, long roads lead to great places.
  • Options
    TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! Time to get drunken_smilie.gif enjoy your week!!!

icon_thumright.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker