a+ study material

ronssronss Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have this jean andrews book-
Amazon.com: A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC, Comprehensive (9780619217587): Jean Andrews: Books

would this be good enough...also, vista, could i pick up enough on prof messer sites on it..and google pratice tests

Comments

  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    ronss wrote: »
    i have this jean andrews book-
    Amazon.com: A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC, Comprehensive (9780619217587): Jean Andrews: Books

    would this be good enough...also, vista, could i pick up enough on prof messer sites on it..and google pratice tests

    I have an older Jean Andrews book that was pretty good but I can't comment on that particular one and the current objectives. I've also watched many of the professor messer A+ videos and all of the net+ ones also very good. Neither resource on their own would probably be enough but together perhaps. Also you are going to want to have a machine that you can take a part and put back together. If I were you I would maybe go through the videos and the book and then see where you stand with a couple practice tests from reputable vendors. I thought the practice tests that came with the Network+ vouchers from total seminars were pretty good. Careful with just googling practice test as so many of those are just going to be illegal braindumps.

    The Mike Meyers books come highly recommended and the CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide is way cheaper on Amazon than the Jean Andrews book. If you can afford the extra $40 pick up both. It might be overkill but having extra resources is never a bad thing.
  • ronssronss Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    I have an older Jean Andrews book that was pretty good but I can't comment on that particular one and the current objectives. I've also watched many of the professor messer A+ videos and all of the net+ ones also very good. Neither resource on their own would probably be enough but together perhaps. Also you are going to want to have a machine that you can take a part and put back together. If I were you I would maybe go through the videos and the book and then see where you stand with a couple practice tests from reputable vendors. I thought the practice tests that came with the Network+ vouchers from total seminars were pretty good. Careful with just googling practice test as so many of those are just going to be illegal braindumps.

    The Mike Meyers books come highly recommended and the CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide is way cheaper on Amazon than the Jean Andrews book. If you can afford the extra $40 pick up both. It might be overkill but having extra resources is never a bad thing.
    i have 5 602 A+ books...plus 12th editon scott mueller upgrading pcs,,....well, the only thing i am worried about is vista, and i went to frys electronics and got the jean andrews all in one....that has vista in it ..and should provide with new info..i builds computers all the time....very good at it...hardware is my specialty, software is my week point,,though trying to spend more time with it..that is where the money is...

    got this book at frys...for ony $29..its paper back., but no big deal...
    Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ 2009 In Depth (9781435454897): Jean Andrews: Books
  • skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ronss wrote: »
    i have this jean andrews book-
    Amazon.com: A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC, Comprehensive (9780619217587): Jean Andrews: Books

    would this be good enough...also, vista, could i pick up enough on prof messer sites on it..and google pratice tests

    Don't read Jean Andrews. She is full with errors. I would use Sybex and Testout. You can get a discount where you pay just $89 of you are a college student. You just email them your schedule and request student pricing.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can't go wrong with Mike Meyers A+ books. Make sure you get the correct edition.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • etbjr182etbjr182 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    You can't go wrong with Mike Meyers A+ books. Make sure you get the correct edition.

    +1 also Sybex is a good one. Also try to have more than one source of study like another book, videos etc.
    Currently studying for 70-640 :study:
Sign In or Register to comment.