Quality time paid off!

slowdiveslowdive Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

I've been lurking about on the forums and finally decided to create an account. I made intimate love with the Sybex study book for a week, and thought I was ready to take the exam. I then discovered the forums a only to find out that there was another love out there (Darrills book) ready to spend some quality time with me, so I spent a few days of debauchery before finally settling down today.

I thought Darril Gibson's book was very engaging, moreso than the sybex one. Don't get me wrong though, I thought they were both essential as I was able to pull from both references. I just found that when one applies the concepts to real life applications (in the case of Darril's book), it becomes so much easier to understand.

I found the practice questions in both books to be representative of the actual exam. I also took the selftest practice tests and those were quite challenging. Personally, I would recommend trying the selftest pratice tests out, just because they really do make you apply the concepts. I did find some of the selftest practice test questions to be too granular however.

This was my first time going through a certification process, and I'm actually quite excited. I found myself marking a lot of questions at the beginning of the exam, just because I was so freaking nervous and couldn't focus.

I hope to gain some more experience before tackling the more "advanced" certifications. I'm so glad I found these forums as I have been quite lost for a while on where to head with my career. Reading a lot of these posts have inspired me, but alas, the harder parts are still to come as this is only the beginning for me. My background comes from software engineering and I've been working for a few years now in the finance sector.

TLDR version: engage in a polygamous relationship and you'll be fine!

Comments