Options

quick question: are we allowed to use pen/paper in CCNA?

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
do they give you something to write on?

Also, does anyone have any tips for me? I take the test on December 28th 11:30am!
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    You will be given either pen and paper or an erasable board. My advice would be to spend the first few minutes plotting the IP subnet information and any other information that's giving you problems. This will save time during your exam.

Additionally test your sims thoroughly with ping, show route, extra... and by all means, don't forget # copy run start .
  • Options
    LongbowLongbow Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I took the test I was given a dry erase board and a marker with a tip as big around as your index finger, might as well have given me a crayon - it seemed useless to me.

Bye the way, my Cisco instructor told us that she was disqualified (even though she passed the test) for marking on her writing material before initiating the test. icon_pale.gif I've never heard of that happening to anyone else, but it might be worth asking about.
  • Options
    fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    Bye the way, my Cisco instructor told us that she was disqualified (even though she passed the test) for marking on her writing material before initiating the test.

Wow, how was she able to mark on the board prior to starting? The Vue center where I test stands there while I answer the intial acceptance questions and doesn't leave until I start the exam.
  • Options
    LongbowLongbow Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The test center in our area isn't nearly that secure. Not even close. But, she never said how it happened and the class is over so I don't see her much anymore.