Options

What do you use for expense reporting?

CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
My Company has been using an application from XMS called QuickXpense.
This vender is no longer around the last version we have is still 16-bit (for Win 3.1 / Win 95). It works ok for Windows XP / 2000 users. We will be moving to to 64-bit Windows 7 by the end of the year. I am curious what other's are using. The only requirements we would like to see is that it stores a users previous Hotels, resturants, vendors, etc. We have users that will go to the same places very often.

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you open up Ms-Access there is a fairly decent one available for download in the business section from Office online. Unless you have some elaborate needs this may do it for you and the price is right. Multiple employees, departments, accounts, reports. Any access jockey could easily mod it if you need more.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I use an excel spreadsheet. But its just for my expenses incurred working. Nothin fancy.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I use an excel spreadsheet. But its just for my expenses incurred working. Nothin fancy.

This seems to work just fine for us too!

Simple, already included in our Office productivty software...and really, just how elaborate does an expense sheet need to be?

Who
    What
    Why
    Reimburse employee or charge client or company expense.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have a few friends who are traveling consultants who swear by Expensify but that's likely more than most people need (unless it also takes you 6-8 hours a month just to submit expenses). Pretty awesome service though.

Update: I take that back, the price has come down to the point where it's going to be cost effective for most companies. Cool. :)

Update #2: Scratch this whole thing. All of them are swearing at Expensify now. Steer clear. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    We use NetSuite at work because they use it for cases and time management as well. I guess they figure that using a hosted platform is easier because we are world wide and it can handle different currencies.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Thank you all for the advice. I'm still loking into this myself. I personally am fine using an Excel Spreadsheet.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Excel is a great tool, very versatile. I used to use it to enter my timesheets. (Just entered one date and it would fill the rest in, then I would fill in the hours each day and it would total them up and stick a dollar amount in the total field.) Made the template read only so I would just hit save and then give it a new name.

I don't think large corporations are going to do that, but it worked for me.
    Decide what to be and go be it.