Options

70-680 Questions

citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
Well I am almost ready to sit for my 70-291 so I am trying to decide what to do next. If I pass the 291 I will have MCSA. I was thinking of doing the 680 next because it can be used as an elective for MCSE and I need a server break. I am Desktop Support at my current employer and we are going to upgrade to 7 within 12 months, so I have been studying a bit on Win 7 at work because I am assisting with creating the image we will deploy. So I am pretty comfortable with the deployment part of it.

Now the questions. How many questions on the test? Any sims? And the most important one. I plan to upgrade the MCSE (after I get it) to MCITP-EA. The requirments for that is 2 tests (649 and 647) and either the Vista (620) or 7 (680) exam. Can this count as my elective for MCSE and towards the upgrade to MCITP-EA?

As always thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    # questions on test, I believe varies but is probably around 50. Sims, haven't heard of any so far but MS could change that by the time you take the exam. If MS has an 83-680 exam ready for this test then you will have sims.
    As for the 620 or the 680 counting towards your MCSE check the MS website. Either one of those is a requirement to satisfy the client portion for the MCITP. The Vista test is easier but since you're using Windows 7 at work I would recommend getting that one.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.